Monday, November 10, 2008

Hey You!

It was a sign from the wine gods, directed to me personally. “Delicious and Cheap!” cried the placard sitting above several varietals of red wine from a California Central Coast winery. This Fish was on the hook, and two bottles of each magically jumped into my shopping cart. With its bright orange and purple squiggle label (and the silhouette of a bear), it was a classic impulse buy on my part – no reading of reviews, and no prior experience with the winery. Nothing more than some marketing person who knew that I’m a sucker for … well, just a sucker in this case. My sad experience is a reminder that checking Drink Plonk (www.drinkplonk.com) can help avoiding negative wine experiences.

Anybody want a good deal on two bottles with a fancy label?

Best, Joe Plonk

www.drinkplonk.com

No comments: