Monday, February 9, 2009

Zinfandel Lovers on Facebook, but Not Who You Might Think….

Joe Plonk has finally joined the world of Facebook. Seeking like-minded Zin lovers, I searched its Groups for “Zinfandel” only to find there was already a party going on. Some of the sights, sounds and smells seemed familiar, but everything looked curiously strange. Now, Joe Plonk is loathe to throw rocks at anybody who truly enjoys any particular grape, bottling or producer. But, white zin is where I draw the line!

Appreciators of Blossom Hill White Zinfandel Rose Wine – 3,391 members
Ernest and Julio Gallo white zinfandel lovers society – 444 members
I Love White Zinfandel – 250 members

If you’ve joined one of these heathen Groups, I urge you to stop and go back. There is still time. A real Zinfandel (or Cabernet or Sauvignon Blanc or anything) is there waiting for you, and Joe Plonk will be there to help.

I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight over a cork-pull, so thirsty people can drink, I'll be there. Wherever there's somebody from Beringer or Sutter Home beatin' up a guy who insists his Zinfandel sit on the skins, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way people laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready but there’s only chilled white zin to be served - I'll be there, too. (Joe Plonk channeling Henry Fonda from the Grapes of Wrath.)

Best, Joe Plonk

Click for Drink Plonk Home Page

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Your Grapes of Wrath riff was pretty amusing.

Joe Plonk said...

Thanks!