Monday, May 11, 2009

Red red wine you give me whole heap of zing

Joe Plonk sashayed his way through college in the late 80s/early 90s, and if you were alive then you certainly know UB40’s ubiquitous reggae classic “Red Red Wine.” Most of the sorrowful lyrics describe a guy’s effort to forget a girl, but the rap section remains a classic:

Red red wine you make me feel so fine
You keep me rocking all of the time
Red red wine you make me feel so grand
I feel a million dollars when your just in my hand
Red red wine you make me feel so sad
Any time I see you go it make me feel bad
Red red wine you make me feel so fine
Monkey pack him rizla pon the sweet dep line
Red red wine you give me whole heap of zing
Whole heap of zing mek me do me own thing
Red red wine you really know how fi love
Your kind of loving like a blessing from above
Red red wine I love you right from the start
Right from the start with all of my heart
Red red wine in a 80's style
Red red wine in a modern beat style, yeah

Dreadlocks, togas, and lampshades all around!

Best, Joe Plonk

Click for Drink Plonk Home Page

No comments: