Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nothing Petite About This!

I'm in a blissful purple place. My recent delivery from Heart's Fire (www.heartsfirewine.com) included the 2006 Petite Sirah, Rhodes Vineyard, Redwood Valley. Their Petite Sirah is always wonderful, and the shipment lasted all of about a week before I pulled the cork. I'd been acting like a well behaved Retriever with a dog biscuit on his nose -- but enough! Blueberry and cherry flavors storm out of the bottle, and delicately dance from glass to tongue to tumbly. The wine is lively, but also subtle with vanilla and oak tones. The only argument in my house tonight was how the wine disappeared so fast. You too had better hurry because I'll be buying them out shortly. Joe has been spending his time looking for a job, but he's back now! See you again soon.

Best, Joe Plonk

Click for Drink Plonk Home Page

No comments: